Eat fresh or freeze to enjoy in smoothies, yogurt, baking, drinks & desserts the remainder of the year! Peaches are also easy to freeze. Peel your peaches, slice, and add Fruit Fresh or lemon juice to prevent browning, add sugar (optional) and pack into freezer bags.
We are also happy to offer pre-picked peaches for purchase too.
A Typical Pick-Your-Own
Upon arrival you will be greeted by one of our friendly Farm-Assists who will direct you where to drive up to the Orchard.
After you visit one of our handwashing stations, field runners will direct you to the row you will pick in. If your bag gets full, the field runner will give you a new bag.
A ripe peach will have put on some color and, most importantly, it will no longer have any green undertones. If a peach still has a greenish hint to its skin color, leave it on the tree for a few more days to ripen. If it is picked green, a peach will have a “green” taste to it and it will not be as sweet. Green peaches are not ideal for fresh-eating, but may be worth considering for pickling.
When you're ready to check out, you will visit the check out station on the East side of our vintage camper. Pop your trunk and our farm-assists will total up your peaches.
Bring Your Peaches Home
Ripe Peaches need to be used within about 2 days. Our pre-picked Peaches are refrigerated to preserve freshness.
Peaches SHOULD be refrigerated when you get them home.
If you cannot do this, to maintain quality, you should lay the ripe peaches in a single layer, not touching each other, on a flat surface in an air-conditioned room.
Use the ripest peaches first as they do not all ripen at the same speed. IF you leave stacked peaches in a bag and they are not refrigerated, we cannot guarantee that they will remain good for more than 12 hours.
Availability depends on Mother Nature! Sorry No Refunds.
Ten Tips for Peach Picking at
Creek Bed Farmacy
1. Farms have dirt: Sometimes mud and uneven ground. Wear sturdy closed-toed shoes (straw hurts between your toes) or boots. Wear comfortable, casual clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. Also, a jacket comes in very handy on cool mornings or evenings. Don't forget your sunscreen!
2. Check the harvest: Prior to coming out, make sure when the peaches are ready for picking. Also, we may have to close due to weather. We update the peach hotline, our website home page and our facebook page.
3. No pets please: Farms are fun for the whole family, but due to food safety regulations we cannot allow your fur babies to come along. Please leave them at home.
4. Bees: We LOVE our pollinators. Without them we wouldn't have berries. You will see them around the orchard, but they're too busy doing their jobs than to bother with you.
5. Sampling: This fruit is our paycheck. Please don't or at least limit to one per family.
6. Treat the fruit with care: Gently grasp the peach, lift and twist. If it doesn't come off easily - it's not ripe.
7. Wastefullness: Please do not intentionally drop or throw fruit.
8. Respect the farm: This is not only our place of business, it is our home and has been for the last 5 generations. Please read and follow signs that inform you about rules & boundaries. These are put in place to keep everyone safe. When in doubt, ask one of our Farm-Assists.
9. Containers: We provide them for FREE - no need to bring your own. The new food safety regulations for u-pick farms now dictates that you cannot bring your own containers because we would be required to clean and sanitize them.
10. Enjoy your peaches!
Our fields will close during severe weather (heavy rain, thunder, lightning or high winds) in order to protect our customers & employees. Please check here or our Facebook page for last minute updates. We do try and notify people as fast as we are able to when we have to close suddenly due to the weather, but it's always a good idea to check the weather report for our location prior to coming out to pick. Also, we sometimes need to remain closed to allow fields to dry if we've had too much rain, even if the weather is nice.
8/26/23 - Our peach orchard is closed for the season. Thanks to all of you who were able to come out and pick. We'll see you next season!
Our fields will close during severe weather (heavy rain, thunder, lightning or high winds) in order to protect our customers & employees. Please check here or our Facebook page for last minute updates. We do try and notify people as fast as we are able to when we have to close suddenly due to the weather, but it's always a good idea to check the weather report for our location prior to coming out to pick. Also, we sometimes need to remain closed to allow the orchard to dry if we've had too much rain, even if the weather is nice.
Desiree - Limited Supply. It is medium in size, highly colored, with excellent quality and few split pits.
July Rose - Very Limited Supply. A white-fleshed peach that vigorously produces large fruits. The firm fruit has a nice, sweet flavor with a very attractive red color.
Glenglo - Many consider Glenglo the best flavored peach. The fruit is large, very firm and freestone when tree ripened.
PF 8 Ball Flamin' Fury - This fruit has excellent size for the early season. First pick fruit is typically semi-cling, with successive picks being freestone.
Starfire - Fruit is brilliant red, very firm, with excellent quality.
Red Haven - This peach is the industry standard. Fruit is medium-sized and colors to a brilliant red.
White Lady - White-fleshed peach, outstanding variety in every way. The fruit is highly colored and very firm with excellent dessert qualities.
John Boy - Fruit is of very high quality, with excellent color. Fruit is large and very firm.
PF 17 Flamin' Fury - A large, yellow-fleshed freestone peach.
Contender - a Farmacy favorite which makes up the majority of trees in our orchard! A high-quality, freestone variety. Fruit is very firm and large with excellent color.